Are you looking to talk to someone who can help?
Since 1987, the Council Helpline has been ready to take your call 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. We’re here to listen, to offer information and to provide referrals for self-help, treatment providers and other community resources to people experiencing problems with gambling.
Council Helpline services are free and confidential. Helpline Specialists provide emotional support and referrals for people affected by problems with gambling. The helpline is answered in English, but translators are available in EVERY language. Call our confidential helpline 24-hours a day 7 days a week at 1-800-426-1234.
Recover Supports for those Struggling with Gambling Problems and their Loved Ones:
The Massachusetts Council on Gaming and Health stands along-side you during this difficult time and are committed to providing information, resources and continued support. Due to the growing concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), many self-help meetings are being cancelled/suspended. We will continue to monitor and update meeting information as it becomes available.
- Self-Help Meetings, Gamblers Anonymous (GA) and Bettors Anonymous (BA) are self-help meetings based on 12-step concept. You can also check the New England GA website HERE for meeting updates. For CT/Western MA GA updates click HERE.
- The International Service Office of Gamblers Anonymous Telephone Conference Call Committee has expanded their Wednesday night meeting to include every night of the week from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM eastern time. Find out more about the daily phone meetings HERE.
- Additionally the New England GA region will host four phone meetings. The meetings will take place on Sunday 8:15 am to 10:00 am, Tuesday 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Wednesday 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm and Thursday, 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. For telephone meeting call numbers and access codes contact: Tim O. at 508-395-8283, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 830-2217. Gamblers Anonymous volunteers will gladly speak to anyone in need and to give information about phone meetings HERE. For phone meeting information for CT/Western MA click HERE.
New England Gamblers Anonymous Hotline Numbers:
(888) 830-2217 – Hotline for all New England States
(718) 352-1671 – Gam-Anon for Family and Friends Support
(855) 222-5542 – Gambler’s Anonymous International Hotline
- GamTalk is a supportive community helping people with gambling issues share their experience and ideas. Joining is free, completely anonymous and lets you take part in community discussions, scheduled chat sessions and more.
- Smart Recovery offers face-to-face meetings, online meetings, and online self-help chat. We suggest those interested in attending a SMART Recovery meeting contact the individual meeting group facilitator listed on the meeting list. See the message from SMART Recovery HERE.
- Gam-Anon is a support group specifically for families and loved ones of people experiencing problems with gambling. Please check their site for meeting updates HERE. Gam-Anon hotline volunteers will gladly speak to anyone in need. MASSACHUSETTS Hotline: 888-644-8482 W. MA 855-222-5542.
- In The Rooms is the world’s largest online social network for the global recovery community. It’s for people already in recovery, those seeking immediate help from any addiction, and for the families, friends, and allies of those people.
Are you looking for a Private Practice Clinician?
There is hope – gambling disorder is treatable. The Council maintains a list of Private Practice Clinicians who can identify and care for people whose lives are affected by a gambling disorder? Click HERE to download the full Private Practice List.
*Most of our PRIVATE PRACTICE CLINICIANS are still seeing clients via video platforms or over the phone. Please call or email the clinician directly to find out how to best connect with them.
Are you looking to find an Outpatient Treatment Center near you?
The Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Abuse Services (DPH, BSAS) contracts with Outpatient Treatment Centers in Massachusetts that are available to all those seeking professional counseling for problem disorders. Counseling is available to anyone concerned about gambling; those who gamble, their families and/or significant others. Treatment can be received regardless of insurance coverage and translation services are available upon request for all treatment centers. Click HERE to download the full Outpatient Treatment Center list.
* In-Patient and Residential Treatment Centers are NOT available in Massachusetts. Click HERE to view out of state In-patient and Residential Treatment Centers or check the National Council on Problem Gambling.
Are you interested in receiving information about gambling disorder?
To request information about gambling disorder and next steps toward recovery, contact Jodie@macgh.org. Please note that we can only send information to someone who has requested it themselves. We cannot send information to another individual on your behalf. If you would prefer the mailing be confidential, please include that in your request. Additionally, we are happy to provide all information electronically. Please advise what works best for you.