Find a Self-Help Meeting
The Massachusetts Council on Gaming and Health stands along-side you during this difficult time and are committed to providing information, resources and continued support. Due to the growing concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), many self-help meetings are being cancelled/suspended. We will continue to monitor and update meeting information as it becomes available.
Are you wondering if you should attend a Self-Help Group?
Self-help groups are available to support people experiencing gambling problems, as well as their loved ones. Everyone at the meetings has a story of their own to share. Nobody has to share anything unless they want to. People offer each other support on their recovery journeys.
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA) and Bettors Anonymous (BA) are self-help meetings based on the same 12-step concept as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA). The Gamblers Anonymous Telephone Conference Call Committee has expanded their Wednesday night meeting to include every night of the week from 9:00-11:00 PM Eastern time. The call in information for the meeting is: 712-770-4160 – Access Code 611704#.
- Smart Recovery offers face-to-face meetings (subject to change), online meetings, and online self-help chat.
- Gam-Anon is a support group specifically for families and loved ones of people experiencing problems with gambling.
- In The Rooms offers an online support forum.
- GamTalk offers support through an online form, chat and over the phone.
There is NO COST to participate. You do not have to call ahead to attend meetings. You are welcome any time.