If you or a loved one is experiencing problems with gambling and needs support, please call 1-800-327-5050 or to speak with a trained specialist. The helpline is available 24/7, is free, confidential, and available in multiple languages.
Recover Supports for those Struggling with Gambling Problems and their Loved Ones:
- Self-Help Meetings, Gamblers Anonymous (GA) and Bettors Anonymous (BA) are self-help meetings based on 12-step concept. You can also check the New England GA website HERE for meeting updates. For CT/Western MA GA updates click HERE.
- The International Service Office of Gamblers Anonymous Telephone Conference Call Committee has expanded their Wednesday night meeting to include every night of the week from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM eastern time. Find out more about the daily phone meetings HERE.
- The New England GA Intergroup is offering the following phone meetings: Tuesday: 8:00pm – 9:00pm, Wednesday: 7:00pm – 8:30pm, Thursday: 7:00pm – 8:30pm, Saturday: 10:00am – 12:00pm & Sunday: 8:15am – 10:00am. Dial in number: 712-770–4976 Participant passcode: 928001 Email: email@example.com Phone: (888) 830-2217. For phone meeting information for CT/Western MA click HERE. Hotline Numbers:
(888) 830-2217 – for all New England States
(718) 352-1671 – Gam-Anon for Family and Friends Support
(855) 222-5542 – Gambler’s Anonymous International Hotline
- GamTalk is a supportive community helping people with gambling issues share their experience and ideas. Joining is free, completely anonymous and lets you take part in community discussions, scheduled chat sessions and more.
- Smart Recovery offers face-to-face meetings, online meetings, and online self-help chat. We suggest those interested in attending a SMART Recovery meeting contact the individual meeting group facilitator listed on the meeting list. See the message from SMART Recovery HERE.
- Gam-Anon is a support group specifically for families and loved ones of people experiencing problems with gambling. Please check their site for meeting updates HERE. Gam-Anon hotline volunteers will gladly speak to anyone in need. MASSACHUSETTS Hotline: 888-644-8482 W. MA 855-222-5542.
- In The Rooms is the world’s largest online social network for the global recovery community. It’s for people already in recovery, those seeking immediate help from any addiction, and for the families, friends, and allies of those people.
Are you looking for a Private Practice Clinician?
There is hope – gambling disorder is treatable. The Council maintains a list of Private Practice Clinicians who can identify and care for people whose lives are affected by a gambling disorder? Click HERE to download the full Private Practice List.
*Most of our PRIVATE PRACTICE CLINICIANS are still seeing clients via video platforms or over the phone. Please call or email the clinician directly to find out how to best connect with them.
Are you looking to find an Outpatient Treatment Center near you?
The Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Abuse Services (DPH, BSAS) contracts with Outpatient Treatment Centers in Massachusetts that are available to all those seeking professional counseling for problem disorders. Counseling is available to anyone concerned about gambling; those who gamble, their families and/or significant others. Treatment can be received regardless of insurance coverage and translation services are available upon request for all treatment centers. Click HERE to download the full Outpatient Treatment Center list.
* In-Patient and Residential Treatment Centers are NOT available in Massachusetts. Click HERE to view out of state In-patient and Residential Treatment Centers or check the National Council on Problem Gambling.
Are you interested in receiving information about Gambling Disorder?
To request information about gambling disorder and next steps toward recovery, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.