If you or a loved one is experiencing problems with gambling and need support, please call 1-800-327-5050. The helpline is available 24/7, is free, confidential, and available in multiple languages.
Website & Meeting Lists for:
- International Service Office of GA’s worldwide phone meetings including in Spanish- HERE.
- GamTalk is a supportive community helping people with gambling issues share their experience and ideas. Joining is free, completely anonymous and lets you take part in community discussions, scheduled chat sessions and more.
- Smart Recovery offers face-to-face meetings, online meetings, and online self-help chat. We suggest those interested in attending a SMART Recovery meeting contact the individual meeting group facilitator listed on the meeting list. See the message from SMART Recovery HERE.
- Gam-Anon is a support group specifically for families and loved ones of people experiencing problems with gambling. Please check their site for meeting updates HERE. Gam-Anon hotline volunteers will gladly speak to anyone in need. MASSACHUSETTS Hotline: 888-644-8482 W. MA 855-222-5542.
- In The Rooms is the world’s largest online social network for the global recovery community. It’s for people already in recovery, those seeking immediate help from any addiction, and for the families, friends, and allies of those people.
Are you looking for a Private Practice Clinician?
There is hope – gambling disorder is treatable. The Council maintains a list of Private Practice Clinicians who can identify and care for people whose lives are affected by a gambling disorder? Click HERE to download the full Private Practice List.
*Most of our PRIVATE PRACTICE CLINICIANS are still seeing clients via video platforms or over the phone. Please call or email the clinician directly to find out how to best connect with them.
Are you looking to find an Outpatient Treatment Center?
The Department of Public Health, Bureau of Substance Abuse Services (DPH, BSAS) contracts with Outpatient Treatment Centers in Massachusetts that are available to all those seeking professional counseling for problem disorders. Counseling is available to anyone concerned about gambling; those who gamble, their families and/or significant others. Treatment can be received regardless of insurance coverage and translation services are available upon request for all treatment centers. Click HERE to download the full Outpatient Treatment Center list.
* In-Patient and Residential Treatment Centers are NOT available in Massachusetts. Click HERE to view out of state In-patient and Residential Treatment Centers or check the National Council on Problem Gambling.
Are you interested in receiving information about Gambling Disorder?
To request information about gambling disorder and next steps toward recovery, contact email@example.com.