Are you a Veteran who feels you might be gambling too much? Help is available. We work with Veteran’s service organizations throughout the State to provide trainings and resources.
Work with Veterans includes:
- Materials distributed to all Veteran Service Officers in the Commonwealth.
- Facilitated “Veterans: Gambling Disorder Treatment and Prevention” at the 2014 Massachusetts Conference on Gambling Problems – Celebrating 30 Years: The Game Has Changed.
- Provide outreach by providing informational tables at events for Veterans.
- Highlighted veterans as one population especially at-risk for developing a problem with gambling during the 10th annual “National Problem Gambling Awareness Week” in 2012.
- Held “An Integration of Services Summit: Preventing, Intervening and Treating Gambling Disorders with Active Duty Military/Veteran Personal” at the Wellesley National Guard Center.
In the article, Gambling Problems Seen in 10% of Veterans, “Veterans with post-traumatic symptoms, anxiety, and depression were more likely to have gambling problems.”