Sometimes gambling stops feeling like a game or a way to have fun. If you feel this way or find yourself gambling too much, the Voluntary Self-Exclusion program may be right for you. We understand that realizing you may have a gambling problem can be difficult to accept. That’s why there’s a support system in place to help you if you have concerns.
Trained advisors are available at several convenient locations and will also be able to help enrollees with accessing additional support services. To enroll in the VSE program, you can do the following:
Speak with a GameSense Advisor at the GameSense Info Center:
- Encore Harbor Boston, 1 Broadway, Everett MA • 617-485-4034
- Plainridge Park Casino, 301 Washington St, Plainville MA • 508-868-0461
- MGM Springfield, One MGM Way, Springfield, MA • 857-939-8875
For a complete list of drop-in times and locations, click here.
Contact the Massachusetts Gaming Commission:
- 101 Federal Street, 12th Floor, Boston MA 02110 • 617-533-9737 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Off-site location available under certain circumstances.
Contact The Massachusetts Council on Gaming and Health:
- 83 Morse Street, Building 6, Suite 8F, Norwood, MA 02062 • 617-426-4554 or contact Jodie Nealley directly at Jodie@macgh.org.
Enrollees are required to bring identification and must be prepared to complete an enrollment form. To expedite the process, enrollees may review the form in advance. This is an important safety net for those for whom gambling is not a safe or risk-free activity. The Mass. Council stands ready to provide any additional resources and referrals, in the casino and out in the community, for those enrollees in need.
Supports After Excluding:
Once you exclude, some other resources might help give you some extra support. Feel free to use any of the resources below, and you can always connect with our Recovery and Outreach Liaison, Jodie Nealley: email@example.com